2.13.2013

Bee Mine

A few weeks ago, I traded my Clinique eye makeup remover and L'occitane face wash for olive oil. The same olive oil that sits under my kitchen sink that I put on chicken. At first, I wasn't sure if I trusted rubbing oil all over my face, but I was most definitely sure I would rather put natural ingredients on my skin than harsh man made chemicals. Fast forward a few weeks and my skin is smoother and clearer than it has ever been! Read up on my EVOO regimen that I do 5 times a week here. The other 2 nights (Sunday and usually Thursday) I still use St. Ives Apricot scrub for good measure.

Do a little bit of internet research and find that some shampoos contain cancer causing ingredients. Cocamide DEA is just ONE example, and is even found in the hair products by Organix. With a name like Organix, we expect organic and healthy ingredients, no?

Next up, honey. Twice a week, 30 mins pre-shower, warm 3 tablespoons local honey and 1.5 tablespoon olive oil in the microwave for about 20 seconds. Let it cool to the touch and slather it on dry hair, concentrating on scalp and roots. Wrap hair up in a shower cap for a half hour then rinse with cold water in the shower. Thats all you need to know HONEY boo boo, child!

No comments:

Post a Comment